In partnership with American Job Center Network, New Mexico Workforce Connections is shaping the future of New Mexico.
Assisting individuals with employment and career transitions and employers with workforce-related services, the agency aims to serve the new Mexican community by connecting people to the resources they need.
|Guide||New Mexico Workforce Connections|
|Rating||4.4 according to Indeed|
|Partner||American Job Center Network|
In this article, we’ll cover how the agency works. And also how you can register at the platform, avail of the different services, and answer some frequently asked questions. Let’s get started!
What Are New Mexico Workforce Connections?
New Mexico Workforce Connections (NMWC) is a state government agency that assists local employers, job seekers, and youth with job placement and workforce development by providing quality resources.
It assists job seekers or employers who may need assistance with either posting a job, looking for candidates, or recruiting.
Job seekers can assess their skills, attend workshops and mock interviews, and learn about educational opportunities.
For employers, NMWC offers job fairs and various types of specialized support programs.
Employers can choose from things such as pre-screened applicants, access employ resumes online.
And also can take advantage of on-the-job training for unemployed individuals.
What Are The Main Services Offered By New Mexico Workforce Connections?
New Mexico Workforce Connections is currently serving in the four countries and offers a wide range of services, such as:
- Job search assistance
- Resume writing and interview prep assistance
- Occupational interest assessments
- Typing assessment
- Job Fairs
- Workplace literacy skills classes
- On the job training
- WIOA Funds to help pay college fees
- Funding for training for high-demand jobs
- Prescreening and recruitment assistance for employers
- Financial aid
- Labor market information
- Citizenship classes
- English classes
- WIOA Youth Program
How To Find A Job At New Mexico Workforce Connections?
Go to www.jobs.state.nm.us or visit the Workforce Connection Center in your local area to find a job.
NMWC online system is one of the most comprehensive job databases, with thousands of job postings by employers from all over the state.
To post your resume and also to find training opportunities, you’ll have to register yourself on the portal and create a profile.
How To Register At The New Mexico Workforce Connections?
Registering with NMWC online system is quite simple and also it takes only a few minutes.
Follow the below-mentioned step-by-up guide to create a profile:
- Open your browser and type www.jobs.state.nm.us in the search bar.
- Scroll to the middle of the screen and click on “Individual.”
- Next, click on “Create Account/login.”
- Read the Login page instructions and click on “Create Account.”
- After creating the account, you’ll be directed to “My Workforce Connection Page,” which will prompt you to register in the New Mexico Workforce Connections online system.
- Once you have registered, you’ll get access to all the features and “Unemployment insurance Tax & Claims System” under the “Quick Menu” on the left side of the screen.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
To qualify for the Unemployment Insurance Benefit, you must meet the following requirements:
- Earned a specific amount of money during a base period determined by the state.
- You lost the job with no fault of your own under non-disqualifying conditions.
- Actively searching for a new job and must not refuse any offer for suitable work.
You may potentially be disqualified for the benefit if any of the following circumstances are true:
- You willingly resigned from the job.
- You were fired by your employer due to misbehavior.
- You lost your job due to a labor dispute.
- You refuse to search for a suitable job.
How To Apply For The Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
If you meet the eligibility requirements for UI, you can file your unemployment claim online, like most states.
You can apply for the claim over the phone, online, or in person at the claim office. Follow the instructions below to apply online:
- Log in to your account.
- On the left side of the screen, under the “Quick Menu,” click on the “Unemployment Insurance.”
- Log in to UI Claims and Benefit system.
- Fill the form and file your claim.
- If you have any confusion, contact the customer service agent by calling at 1-877-664-6984, from Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The system will take one week to wait after your claim is filed. which means you won’t receive the benefit for the first week after you certify for benefit. This period is known as a “waiting week,” and you’ll start receiving payment from the second week.
Note: You’ll have to complete a minimum of two work searches each week to confirm that you still certify for the benefit.
New Mexico Workforce Connections is a one-stop-shop for job seekers and also for employers seeking career opportunities.
The agency is responsible for things such as economic development, labor, unemployment, education initiatives, workforce technology, and workforce development.
If you have just lost your job, you are eligible to apply for temporary financial assistance while you look for work.
Register yourself with NMWC and apply for the “Unemployment Insurance Benefit” to resume work gaps in your work history.
How to check the status of my unemployment claim in New Mexico Workforce Connections?
To check your claim status at www.jobs.state.nm.us. Contact a customer service agent under the Unemployment Insurance Tax & Claims system.
How much will the Unemployment Insurance program pay m
The amount of your benefit in New Mexico is 53.5% of your average weekly wage.
And also, the minimum weekly benefit you can receive is $86, and the maximum is $461 for up to 26 weeks. An additional benefit could be provided under federal guidelines.
Where do I file my weekly certification for UI benefit?
You can complete your weekly certification online at www.jobs.state.nm.us. Or over the phone by calling at 1-877-664-6984 from Mon-Fri, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Shefali Jain is a Content Writer & Editor at USWorkforce.org
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes. In her time at the organization, she has written and edited content on a range of topics, including employment law, human resources, and business management.