Amidst the closure of Victoria Secret and the decline in sales of Bath and Body Works during the past years, customers are wondering whether, just like Victoria Secret, is bath and body works closing permanently in 2023?
Well, we have got all the details for you!
Also, the recent data, as per Retail dive, tells that the net sales of Bath and Body Works fell by 4.6%, bringing the net income down 26.9% to $434 million. So does this mean closure for the company?
Keep reading the article till the end to reveal the truth behind Bath and Body Works closing stores.
Impact Of Covid On Bath And Body Works Business 2023
The COVID-19 pandemic led to a decline in sales and affected all businesses, more or less, be it small or large companies.
Even Bath and Body Works, one of the largest retailers, saw a 37% decline in net sales in the year 2020 which forced the company to shut down many of its stores temporarily.
The company initially revealed that it would shut down 50 Bath and Body Works stores in the United States and one in Canada. But did the closure stop here?
Are Bath And Body Works Closing in 2023?
Many industries and businesses are struggling to stay afloat amidst tough competition, and Bath and Body Work is no different.
The losses and decline in sales due to COVID-19 have been so significant for Bath and Body Works that they have decided to close down a majority of its stores.
Is Bath and Body Work is going out of business?
Well, not really. Due to the Pandemic, the giant retail store did face a decline in sales which many other large companies did too. But is it going out of business as of now? No.
Is Bath and Body Works closing all stores In 2023?
Until the coronavirus pandemic, Bath and Body Works showed 40 straight quarters of sales growth over the span of 10 years. Even during the pandemic, the decline in sales wasn’t as much.
The parent company (L Brands) that owns Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret, among others, initially announced the closure of Victoria Secret stores.
The company said they are thinking about making Bath and Body Works their own company to succeed amidst the downfall of Victoria Secret.
There are a total of 1,635 Bath & Body Works stores nationwide and 102 stores in Canada.
The company has closed down 51 stores in total. 50 in the United States and one in Canada. So the closures represent only 3% of the total stores.
And some of these are shutting down permanently, while others might re-open in the future.
List Of Bath and Body Works Closing Stores 2023
Here’s a list of all the stores that Bath and Body Works has closed as of 2023:
- Oxford Exchange, 1000 Oxford Exchange Blvd., Oxford.
- Las Palmillas Shopping Center, 1212 South Castle Dome Ave., Yuma.
- Promenade at Casa Grande, 1004 North Promenade Parkway, Casa Grande.
- Almarida Place, 515 East Hamilton Avenue, Campbell.
- Great Mall, 47 Great Mall Dr, Milpitas.
- 32391 Golden Lantern, Laguna Niguel.
- Plaza El Paseo, 22235 El Paseo, Rancho Santa Margarita.
- Tustin Market Place II, 13692 Jamboree R., Tustin.
- 963 Harley Strickland Blvd., Orange City.
- Avenue East Cobb, 4475 Roswell Rd, Marietta.
- Perimeter Square, 130 Perimeter Center West, Atlanta.
- 1732 Hurley Drive, Pocatello.
- Jackson Crossing, 1132 Jackson Crossing, Jackson.
- Eagan Promenade, 1295 Promenade Place, Eagan.
- 1303 Miller Trunk Hwy, Duluth.
- The Shoppes at North Village, 5201 N Belt Hwy, St Joseph.
- Meridian Crossroads, 131 S. Frontage Road, Meridian.
- Edgewater Commons, 489 River Road, Edgewater.
- Auburn Plaza, 217 Grant Ave., Auburn.
- Glenmont Plaza, 388 Feura Bush Road, Glenmont.
- 328 Eastern Blvd., Canandaigua.
- 1520 Military Road, Niagara Falls.
- 25 Waterfront Place, Port Chester.
- Woodbury Plaza, 401 S. Oyster Bay Road, Plainview.
- 14 B Spring Valley Marketplace, Spring Valley.
- Ontario Towne Center, 2259 Walker Lake Road, Mansfield.
- 7507 McKnight Road, Pittsburgh.
- 2845 Concord Road, York.
- 4169 Sunset Drive, San Angelo.
- Sunrise Palms Shopping Center, 3000 Pablo Kisel Blvd., Brownsville.
- 2051 Chain Bridge Road, Vienna.
- Wenatchee Valley Mall, 511 Valley Mall Parkway, East Wenatchee.
- 2600 SW Barton St., Seattle.
- 200 Triangle Center, Longview.
- Valley Mall, 1740 East Washington St., Union Gap.
- Sheboygan: Memorial Mall, 3347 Kohler Memorial Drive
- The Highlands, 555 Cabela Drive, Triadelphia.
Commonly Asked Questions
1. What is happening with Bath and Body Works?
Bath and Body Works is still recovering from the repercussions of the Pandemic.
There has been a massive 39% decline in the company’s share, too, owing to the high inflationary environment.
However, the company is planning to open new stores, renovate the existing ones, and invest in supply chains and technology with a capital expenditure budget of $400.
2. Is Bath and Body Works still in business?
Yes, Bath and Body work is still in business, and even after the major hit by the Pandemic, the company is recovering pretty well now.
3. Is Bath and Body Works closing limited locations?
Yes, Bath and Body Works has closed 51 of its stores in the United States and Canada. We have shared the list of the closed stores above.
4. How is Bath and Body Works doing?
Bath and Body Works is doing just fine right now. If we compare its net sales from the last quarter of 2022 with that of 2021 then there was a decrease in sales by 5%, which we feel is not that bad.
However, when we compare this to the last quarter of the year 2019 then there has been an increase of 46%.
5. How many Bath and Body Works stores are there in the world?
Bath and Body Works is not just a loved brand in the United States but is also in demand in other countries around the world.
Apart from the 1,758 stores in the U.S. and Canada, there are 390 franchised Bath and Body Works stores globally, including Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Venezuela, India, etc.
6. How many Bath and Body Works stores are there in the US?
Bath and Body Works welcomes customer and want them to access and have in-store experiences wherever and however they like.
There are a total of 1680 Bath and Body Works company-operated locations in the United States.
Apart from this, they also have more than 390 international franchised locations to an online storefront.
Bath and Body Works Social Media Contact
Have more queries? Get it touch with Bath and Body Works directly:
Covid was a huge blow out of the blue, and it led to a decline in sales and even the closure of many businesses.
Although the very popular brand Bath And Body Works was also shaken by the unexpected blow of the pandemic, which resulted in the closing of many of its stores, it is recovering nonetheless.
As of 2023, 51 Bath And Body Works stores have been shut down- some permanently and some temporarily.
Shefali Jain is a Content Writer & Editor at USWorkforce.org
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes. In her time at the organization, she has written and edited content on a range of topics, including employment law, human resources, and business management.