Gone are the days when you had to roam around the streets to find a suitable house for you.
With the advancement of technology, everything, including how you rent your space, has changed.
Services like Cozy (now Apartments.com) can help the process of listing and renting out your space digitally without any paperwork or hassle.
In this article, we’ll give you a very detailed account of their services and any other important thing that you should know. So let’s get started.
|Is Apartments.com Legit?
|Tenant Screening, Background Checks & more
Cozy is a rental management company that joined Apartments.com back in 2018, but they were working on separate platforms.
As of July 28, 2021, Cozy moved to Apartments.com because it wasn’t making sense for them to maintain two similar platforms.
Cozy+Apartment.com is one of the most visited and trusted rental companies.
Using it, the landlord can list your apartments on their platform, and the renters can easily search and apply for the house they are looking for.
Everything from listing to payments to signing the documents is done digitally, and all this process is straightforward. Let’s learn in-depth about this platform.
Check Out 10 Best Advanced Background Check Sites
Should You Choose Apartments.com?
Cozy+Apartment.com has changed the way we rent our space. It has become effortless for landlords and renters to rent out their places and find suitable houses.
Using it, you can get information like income-to-rent ratio, credit risk, and other details of your applicant.
You also get access to the renter’s application, including their criminal record, credit score report, and more.
And not only this, but you also get access to TransUnion’s proprietary ResidentScore.
Apart from this, everything from creating customized lease agreements to rent payments to maintenance is carried out online.
And not just flats; you can rent out anything you like, be it condos, townhomes, duplexes, etc. Overall, it is truly one of the best rental platforms available out there.
Features Of Apartments.com
Let’s have a look at the various features of Cozy+Apartment.com.
- Tenant Screening & Background Checks – One of the best things about this platform is that they offer comprehensive credit reports generated by a very popular platform, TransUnion. This report includes information like eviction history, criminal history, credit score, and other details. And you, the landlord, do not have to pay for these reports. The applicant is required to do so.
- Generate Lease – You can create a customized lease agreement by just following the wizard. And the best part is wherever your property is located; the lease will be made according to the location, so you do not have to worry about local rental laws.
- Manage Maintenance – Using this, the tenants can easily request maintenance by sharing photos and videos. You can even update tenants and their roommates about the same right from the app.
- Collect payments online – Tenants can set up recurring rent payments, and everything can be carried out online. You can even see all payments, including move-in costs, deposits, etc., in one place.
- Search Filters – Using Apartments.com’s advanced search filters, tenants can narrow down their hunt to a large extent. The different categories that you can search down to include:
- Size: Find rooms on the basis of size, square footage, etc.
- Lifestyle: This includes options that cater to couples, students, seniors, short-term, etc.
- Type: This includes the type of property such as condo, flat, penthouse, townhome, etc.
- Price: Allows you to set a minimum and maximum price range for a better search.
- Property/Landlord Manager Tools – Landlords can too benefit from apartments.com by using features like:
- Automate rent collection.
- Collect online rental applications.
- Create rental lease forms.
- Respond to apartment reviews.
- Virtual Tour: Another feature that tenats can enjoy on this platform is its virtual 3D tour feature. You get four types of virtual tour or viewing options including dollhouse mode, measurement mode, virtual tour and floor plan mode.
Pros & Cons Of Apartments.com
Pricing & Plans Of Apartments.com
Landlords do not have to pay a thing to use this platform. Tenants won’t also get charged if they pay using their checking accounts.
However, they will need to pay a 2.75% fee in case of credit card & debit card payments.
How To Sign-Up On Apartments.com?
1. To sign up, simply go to their website.
2. Now click on the sign-up option on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Fill in your details, and your account will be created.
- Go to their website.
- Search for the location you want a room for; a new page will open.
- Click on the sign-up option in the top right corner.
- Enter your details and click on create an account.
How Can You Use Apartments.Com?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how the tools available at Apartments.com can help you list property, screen applicants, collect rental, etc.
How to Unsubscribe or Cancel Apartments.com?
If you wish to cancel or unsubscribe from Apartments.com, then you can do so by contacting their customer service at 844-293-8899.
Once you request account deactivation, their customer service representative will close your account.
If you have any queries, you can either go to their website or go through the FAQ section.
Or else, you can contact them at [email protected] via email or call them at (888) 658-7368.
Also Read: Accio Data Review – How Good Is It?
Is Apartments.com Safe?
We understand that with rising cases of cyber thefts, it has become essential to be sure of the safety and security of the site you are accessing.
They also limit the amount of information they store, for e.g., they do not store the information of background checks reports or credit card numbers.
They store the financial information, which is protected and encrypted on secure servers.
When you use Cozy, you are in control of your information, and they limit access to your information whenever necessary.
Overall, you can rest assured that your information on this platform remains safe.
Does Apartments.com Notify the Person?
Apartments.com is not a people search tool but rather a rental and tenant screening platform.
As per the FCRA rules, you cannot do a tenant background check on someone without their consent. And if you do, you can get in trouble.
Since you cannot use the Apartments.com tenant background check service without the person’s consent, the question of not notifying them does not arise.
Is Apartments.com Anonymous?
No, Apartments.com is not anonymous. Like mentioned earlier, Apartments.com is not a people search site, and you cannot use it without the candidate’s consent.
If you want to do a background check on someone without wanting them to find out, then you should instead use platforms like Spokeo, PeopleLooker, PeopleFinder, etc.
Is Apartments.com Trustworthy & Reliable?
Apartments.com is useful for finding tenants and listing properties easily. However, customers complain about facing issues with sending and receiving updates, invoices, utilities, etc.
So, Apartments.com is not one hundred percent reliable. But if you are a renter, then you can use it out for free, so there is no harm in trying it out for yourself.
USW Apartments.com Ratings
|Ease of use
|Features & Services
What Are People Saying About Apartments.com?
Apartment.com has an average rating of 2.13 out of 5 stars based on 107 customer reviews. This means that the customers were mostly dissatisfied with their service.
See What Reddit Users Are Saying
If you are feeling all confused about Cozy+Apartment.com and want to try a different alternative, then do not worry and have a look at these:
|Generate lease, manage maintenance, and more.
|Virtual tours, custom offers, etc.
|Tenant background check
Also Read Rentberry Review
I was looking for a flat and started searching on Apartments.com, the site had some good options listed, but there was clearly some issue with the site.
I had to constantly enter my details each time I wanted to run a different search.
The process consumed so much of my time; luckily, I found a good flat; otherwise, it would all have been a waste.
In case you do not feel like using Apartments.com, then here are some alternatives that you can check out instead:
Although you cannot list properties and find renters on RentPrep, you can still use it to obtain an extensive tenant background check report.
Using RentPrep’s background check, you can obtain the following:
- Business Credit report
- Tenant Credit Check report
- Business Credit Report
- Income Verification, etc.
Additionally, using it, you can enjoy features like:
- Tenant Screening API
- Mid-Volume Resident Screening
- High Volume Resident Screening
- Customized reports
- FCRA-certified screeners
This is what RentPrep’s pricing looks like:
- TransUnion Full Credit Report – $40.00
- RentPrep Background Check/ Screening Report- $21.00
If you are looking for something similar to RentPrep, then Rentberry is a great alternative. Rentberry allows you to list and find properties, as well as do tenant background checks.
And it is much more reliable then Apartments.com. Using it, you can enjoy features like:
- Maintenance Request
- Virtual Tour
- E-Sign Papers
- Schedule Online Tours
- Custom Offers
- Rent Collection, and more
To use Rentberry’s background check, you will have to spend $39.99, but you can list properties for free.
How We Review Background Check Companies?
We take into account various essential factors before reviewing background check companies, including the features and services provided, the accuracy and reliability of reports, the amount of information offered, customer reviews and reputation, and also, the price and plans available.
As for the final call, we would say that yes, in terms of the features they offer for no price, it’s really good.
But according to some customer reviews, there are some glitches regarding the payment which they should work upon.
If you want a better rental option, you can consider Rentberry and Rentprep, our personal favorites.
We hope you found the answers you were looking for in this article.
My Cozy account was migrated to Apartments.com. Where should I log in?
Just check your mailbox, you might have received an email on how to get started with your new account. Or you can simply go to this link.
Why did Cozy move to Apartments.com?
Cozy joined Apartment.com back in 2018, but till now they were working on separate platforms.
As of July 28, 2021, Cozy has moved to Apartments.com because it wasn’t making any sense for them to maintain two similar platforms.
Does Apartment.com offer background checks too?
Yes, they offer background checks and tenant checks.
Does Apartment.com charge anything?
If you are the tenant and make the payment using your checking account then you will not be charged anything.
But if you use a credit or debit card then you will need to pay a 2.75% fee.
Is there a better alternative to Apartment.com?
Rentberry and RentPrep are definetly better alternatives.
Does Apartment.com have a free trial?
Apartment.com is free to use if you are using it for rental searches. However, if you are using it for running a tenant background check, then it will cost you $29.00 + tax.
Shefali Jain is a Content Writer & Editor at USWorkforce.org
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes. In her time at the organization, she has written and edited content on a range of topics, including employment law, human resources, and business management.
The US Workforce has a policy of producing high-quality content that follows industry standards by using primary sources, such as white papers and government data, alongside original reporting from reputable publishers. We also follow an editorial style where appropriate information about the topic can be found with due credit given when applicable.