United States Postal Service, also known as USPS, has always been there to help every U.S citizen and make their lives easier.
Charged with delivering letters and small packages, USPS offers shipping domestically and internationally at reasonable prices.
The opening and closing hours of USPS tend to vary greatly depending on the location, which is why we are here to provide everything you need to know about USPS hours, including what time does USPS close, USPS weekly schedule, holiday hours, and some popular FAQs about USPS, so make sure to stick till the end!
What Is USPS?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an independent agency of the U.S government that provides courier services throughout the country.
Established in 1971, USPS is authorized by the United States Constitution.
With more than 150 delivery points and 240,000 delivery routes, USPS delivers the highest number of mails in the world.
Though it only ships smaller packages less than 13 lbs., it is super-fast than other courier services and provides superior tracking making it an ideal choice for those who want to ship internationally.
At What Time Does USPS Close?
USPS Post offices typically open at 9:00 AM and close at 4:00 PM from Monday to Thursday.
Though these are the official hours of USPS, closing times tend to vary greatly depending on the location.
At some locations, post offices can close at 8:00 PM in the evening.
The post offices are closed on Sunday, which means you shouldn’t expect any kind of delivery on Sunday.
The table below will give you a general overview of the USPS hours for the week.
USPS Daily Hours
|Days||At What Time Does USPS Close?|
|Monday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
Most USPS follows the same schedule hours, but as we mentioned earlier, hours of operation are subject to change based on where you live, so it’s recommended to check out what time USPS close near in advance before heading out.
How To Find USPS Hours Near Me?
Below are the three methods you can use to find what time does USPS close or open:
- USPS Branch Finder
USPS branch finder tool is one of the most reliable ways to find the hours of your nearest USPS branch; simply follow the steps below:
- Go to Google and type USPS branch finder or click here.
- Enter your city, state, or zip code in the search bar
- Under location types, select the “Post Office,” choose your desired radius and click on search.
- You can also apply the filter to search USPS weekday hours after 5 PM, weekend hours, or 24-hour facilities.
- You’ll be provided with a list of USPS post offices located near you. Simply click on the post office to see its hours of operation.
- USPS Mobile APP
The USPS Postal service also offers an application to make things even easier for you. The application can be downloaded on both Android iOS devices, and you can be used to find what time USPS closes or open near you, buy stamps, print labels, and track packages.
- Google Maps
Though we highly recommend using the branch finder, just in case you can’t, Google Maps is an excellent option to find what time USPS closes near you.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Google Maps and type USPS post office in the search bar.
- You’ll see a list of all the post offices located near you along with their complete information.
- Click on any location to view its hours of operation, address, phone number, and directions.
At What Time Does USPS Close Today?
Today, USPS postal service offices will close at their regular time, 4:00 PM.
The hours of operations are the same at most USPS postal services and don’t change typically.
However, at certain locations, closing time can be a little hard to pinpoint, so it is advised to call your nearest post office and confirm the hours and makes sure they are open.
Below we have given the USPS schedule for the entire week so you can plan your trip accordingly.
USPS Postal Service Weekly Hours
- Monday – USPS Postal service offices typically operate between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Monday.
- Tuesday – USPS Postal service offices typically operate between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Tuesday.
- Wednesday – USPS Postal service offices typically operate between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Wednesday.
- Thursday – USPS Postal service offices typically operate between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Thursday.
- Friday – USPS Postal service offices typically operate between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Friday.
- Saturday – USPS Postal service offices typically operate between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday.
USPS Holiday Hours
USPS Postal Service office does a significant amount of business during the holiday season and remains open on the majority of holidays outside of a few holidays.
USPS holiday hours are the same as the regular hours of most government agencies.
In the table below, you can see the holidays on which USPS remains open:
|New Year’s Day||Jan 1st||Friday||Regular Hours|
|Valentine’s Day||February 14th||Monday||Regular Hours|
|St. Patrick Day||March 17th||Thursday||Regular Hours|
|Good Friday||April 2||Friday||Regular Hours|
|Memorial Day||May 31st||Monday||Regular Hours|
|Halloween||Oct 31st||Monday||Regular Hours|
|Black Friday||Nov 26||Friday||Regular Hours|
|Christmas Eve||Dec 24||Friday||Regular Hours|
|New Year’s Eve||Dec 31st||Friday||Regular Hours|
What Holidays Does USPS Close For?
USPS Postal Service offices are closed on the following holidays, so if you have some important mail to send, make sure to send it a day before:
|Holiday||Open or Closed|
|Martin Luther King Day||Closed|
Is USPS Postal Service open on Christmas and New Year’s Day?
No, USPS post offices will be closed nationwide on Christmas and New Year’s Eve like most government agencies.
What Time Does USPS Close on New Year’s Eve?
Some USPS offices may have reduced hours of working on Christmas Eve, so customers are advised to check the hours before visiting.
Why USPS Postal service offices are closed on Sunday?
The USPS postal service generally delivers mails and packages with heavyweight and volume on Sunday, which is why Post offices are closed.