Feeling influenced by the trending “Hustle Culture” around you? Well, there hasn’t been a better time to create wealth out of the skills you already possess. In this guide, we are going to look at 51 Side Hustles to make money online.
But before you find out your favorite idea, you must know that a Side Hustle could be life-changing for you. For some people, this means an escape from their soul-sucking jobs, while for others, it could mean having enough to cover unexpected expenses.
No matter what, you are sure to find something that will help you earn some extra money by the time you reach the end of this guide!
What Is a Side Hustle?
A side hustle is a type of secondary income that you generate by doing it in your spare time. Your side hustle could be something that you are passionate about or something that you are really good at.
So, for example, if you are good at dance, then maybe starting a dance class in your spare time could help you earn additional money.
Depending on the type of side hustle you have, you can generate a decent or a great amount of money.
For some people, their side hustle can help them generate enough money to cover their additional expenses, while for others, it could be a ticket out of their soul-sucking nine-five job.
What’s The Right Side Hustle For You?
Before you pick a random side hustle for yourself, there are three questions that you must answer first:
Does your side hustle fit your spare time?
The first thing you need to ask yourself is whether the side hustle that you are interested in even fits in your spare time.
If it overlaps with your schedule or requires full-time other than your full-time job, then you might want to look for something else. A good side hustle is one that can be carried out in your spare time.
Does your side hustle pay well?
The whole point of starting a side hustle is to earn some extra cash. But the question is how much do you want? And how much can you really make from your side hustle?
For example, starting a YouTube channel could earn you a different amount of money depending on your niche and consistency.
The idea here is not to make crazy digits but to do something that is worth the extra time you are giving.
Can you commit yourself to it in the long run?
Most side hustles, such as starting a business, YouTube channel, etc., require consistency and patience.
Building a side income source is a long game, so choose something that you can do for a long time without getting tired or bored.
51 Side Hustles To Make Money Online
Don’t know where to start? Here are 51 side hustles to make money online:
1. Start an online Thrift Store
Income Potential: $30,000 to $100,000 a year
You usually sell used clothes, accessories, and other items in an online thrift store. Online thrift stores started sprouting in the last two years, and a plethora of people have made handsome money from this side hustle.
Who can start a thrift store?
Practically anyone can start a thrift store, but if you especially have a good sense of fashion and a knack for finding rare pieces for an affordable price, then you will be invisible in this business.
The best part about opening an online thrift store is that you can start this by selling your clothes with zero investment initially and then later source more clothes.
What do you need to start a thrift store?
- A phone with a good camera
- Online account on Instagram, Facebook, eBay, etc.
- Some good clothes
How does an online thrift store work?
- You first pick out the clothes you want to sell and decide their price.
- The next thing is to figure out your shipping partner.
- Now, you simply need to create an account on any social media platform (Instagram is the best).
- Now click pictures of your clothes and post them on your account with their price, size, and other needed descriptions.
- The person interested in buying will simply send you a message, and then you can complete the transaction online and ship their parcel.
An online thrift store can be a great source of income for you, especially if you can source vintage items or branded items. And the best part is, you need only half an hour every day to devote to this business.
2. Pinterest Virtual Assistant
Income Potential: $15 to $20/hr
People who run businesses and have a business website use Pinterest to drive more customers to their website through Pinterest images.
However, directing people towards a business via Pinterest is not as easy as it sounds. And here comes the need for a Pinterest virtual assistant.
A Pinterest virtual assistant helps to build and grow the outreach of their client’s business.
The best part is that you can do this virtually from anywhere and work at your preferred time.
How can you become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant?
This is how you can start your journey as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant:
- Learn: Learn how Pinterest works and get used to its tools. You can simply play around with Pinterest for this, or you can take free courses available online.
- Practice: The next step after learning is to practice what you have learned. Create a Pinterest account and post pins to create a portfolio. You can also work for someone for a month in return for a testimonial.
- Create a portfolio: Now, it’s time to build a portfolio. Include what services you offer and how much you charge for them. Also include previous testimonials and proof of your work.
- Start finding clients: Once you are all set, it’s time for you to find your first client for your Pinterest Virtual Assistant job.
Where can you find Pinterest Virtual Assistant jobs?
- Facebook Groups
- Freelance Websites
- In-Person Networking
- Marketing Agencies
- Cold emailing businesses
- Social Media Marketing
Skills you need to become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant:
In order to be a successful Pinterest Virtual Assistant you need to be:
- An excellent planner and strategist
- Have understanding of SEO practices
- Analytic ability
Income Potential: $52,000 yearly
If your friends think you are annoying for correcting their grammar, then proofreading might be an area that will give you the appreciation you deserve.
What exactly is Proofreading?
Proofreading is the process of analyzing and fixing errors in a piece of writing to ensure correct punctuation, grammar, vocabulary, formatting, etc.
The final goal of Proofreading is to make a piece of writing flawless so that it makes sense altogether. If you have a knack for language and think you can fix errors in writing easily, then this side hustle could be great for you.
What do you need to become an online proofreader?
- A laptop and internet connection
- Excellent hold over language
- Familiarity with Style Guides
- Post-secondary education or a degree in English
How can you become a Proofreader?
- People ideally like to hire a proofreader who has a degree in English, but if that’s not possible for you, then you can simply take up a proofreading course.
- Get familiar with writing tools such as Google Docs, Word, Grammarly, Hemingway, etc. All these tools will help you in writing and editing content.
- Find out the niche you want to work in as a proofreader.
- Create a resume and look for proofreading jobs:
Types of Proofreading services you can offer:
- Translation Proofreading
- Academic Proofreading
- Print Media Proofreading
- Business Proofreading
- Book Proofreading
Where can you find Proofreading jobs?
4. Freelance Writing
Income Potential: $20 to 60/hr
If, instead of proofreading, you think you are good at writing, then becoming a freelance writer could be a great side hustle idea for you.
What is Freelance Writing?
A Freelance writer is someone who works for themselves and not for a specific company by taking up multiple projects from multiple people or companies such as website owners, magazines, business owners, etc. This could be on a contract, project, or one-time basis.
The freelance writer works remotely as and when they are free; the only thing that they need is to make sure they submit the piece of writing as per the deadline.
How to Become a Freelance Writer?
- Create a portfolio: The first thing you need to become a freelance writer is to create a portfolio that includes your sample works or pieces of writing, the services you offer, the price you charge, etc.
- Get client testimonials: If you find your first client easily, then well and good. If not, ask your friends and family if they need a piece of writing for their business or other projects. Get their review and attach client testimonials to your portfolio.
- Start looking for clients: Now, it’s time for you to start looking for clients.
Where to find freelance writing jobs?
To find freelance writing jobs, you can:
- Join Facebook or LinkedIn groups
- Join freelancing platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, etc.
- Send cold messages and emails to your target clients.
How much do Freelance Writers make?
As per Payscale, freelance writers make anywhere between $24,000 to $115,000 a year on average in the United States.
5. Start Blogging
Income Potential: $1000 to over $200,000 monthly
If you have a knack for writing and a lot of patience, then instead of becoming a freelance writer, you can even start your own blog.
But What is a Blog & Who is a Blogger?
A blog is a website that usually contains informational articles, blogs, or a piece of writing around a specific niche. The person who does this is known as a blogger, and the piece of writing you publish is a blog.
How much do Bloggers make?
This is by far the highest-paying side hustle idea. And if your blog becomes successful, you can make anywhere between $ 1,000 to over $200,000 monthly and even leave your actual full-time job.
How do Bloggers make money?
There are not one but plenty of ways in which you can make money from blogging, such as:
- Display Ads: Do you see ads on this page or on other websites you go to? Well, bloggers get paid handsomely for displaying ads on their websites, and it is the most common way of earning money in blogging.
- Sponsored Posts: When you achieve good traffic on your website, companies will start reaching out to you to publish a sponsored post and to highlight their products. And in return, you will get a handsome amount of money.
- Affiliate Marketing: When you promote products on your website via an affiliate link, you get a commission if a person makes a purchase using that link.
- Selling Products: Once your website reaches a certain level, you can start selling ebooks and courses, provide consultancy, etc., and make money from that.
- Consultancy: Again, when you have achieved a certain level of expertise, then you can even offer paid consultancy.
How much do you need to start a Blog?
Unlike other side hustle ideas that we have shared, this one requires you to put in some money. Expect to spend anywhere between $50-$200 to set up your blog and then be ready to spend $20-$60 each month for running the blog.
6. Offer Photography or Videography Services
Income Potential: Depends on the service you provide
This is the era of digitalization, and with each passing day, more and more people are getting into content creation.
With the rise in content creation, there has been a rise in the need for photographers and videographers, and if you have this skill, then you can use it to build a solid side hustle.
Ways you can earn money by Photography or Videography Services:
- Work for influencers and bloggers
- Create a photography blog
- Start a photography or videography course
- Make a tutorial channel on YouTube
- Sell your photos on Canva, Getty, Shutterstock, etc.
- Sell prints of your work
- Create an Instagram account showcasing your work
How much money can I make from Photography or Videography Services?
The money that you make from Photography or Videography largely varies depending on what kind of work you are doing.
For example, selling photos on Shutterstock might not make you as much as working for an influencer, and so on.
YouTube tutorials have the potential to make as much as $100,000 a month. So, the money you make will largely depend on how you put this skill to use.
Income Potential: Unlimited
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a kind of business model in which you sell products to customers online without ever stocking them yourself.
This means that in Dropshipping, you do not have to maintain stock or keep track of it; the sellers will take care of that.
How to build a Dropshipping business?
Starting a Dropshipping is easy, but the more difficult part is to scale the business and find customers. Here’s how you can build a successful dropshipping business, however:
- Choose a niche: What do you want to sell? T-shirts, accessories, home decor? The first thing in getting started is picking up a niche.
- Do research: Now, do research on fellow competitors to find out how profitable and competitive your chosen niche is.
- Find a supplier: In Dropshipping business, the supplier is the most important party, so make sure you consider options and find the most reliable supplier.
- Build an online store: Now it’s time to build an online store for your Dropshipping business. You can do this on Shopify or create your own website.
- Bring in customers: Market your brand on different channels to drive customers to your business.
Average Earnings in Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping Business owners ideally make 10%-30% of their sales. And in their first year, the average monthly income ranges from $1,000 to $3,000 a month.
8. Graphic Designing
Income Potential: $45,000 yearly
Are you a creative person with a good sense of design? If yes, then Graphic design could be a great side hustle or even a full-time profession for you!
What does a Graphic Designer do?
A Graphic Designer creates digital designs for companies, individuals, business owners, etc.
These designs could include making a ad-campaign poster, business cards, images for blogs, logo designing, designing brand labels, etc.
You can do this on a freelance basis as a side hustle whenever you are free, or you can even undertake this as a full-time career option.
9. Become a YouTuber
Income Potential: Unlimited
If you hold extensive knowledge in a specific niche or think you can educate people about something that you know in and out, then starting a YouTube channel could be a great side hustle for you.
Here are some interesting YouTube statistics that will give you an idea of how good this option is:
- More than 5 Billion YouTube videos are watched every day.
- There are 1.9+ billion active monthly users of YouTube.
- Each day, people watch one billion hours of video on YouTube.
Such a crazy number tells how much people are obsessed with YouTube, and you can use that to earn money.
How do YouTubers make money?
YouTubers make money via the ads run on their channel. The earnings are divided in the ratio of 55:45 between the video creator and YouTube. Some other ways in which YouTubers make money are by:
- Affiliate marketing
- Sponsored videos
- Product Marketing
How much do YouTubers make?
The amount of money you make on YouTube depends on many factors, but the most important one is the number of views.
For every 100,000 to 500,000 views, a YouTuber makes anywhere between $1,000 to up to $10,000 on average.
10. Create an Online Course
Income Potential: Undefined
Do you have extensive knowledge about a particular subject? It could be anything really: music, gardening, a language, SEO, writing, etc. If yes, then you can create and sell your own course on platforms like Coursera, Udemy, etc.
If you have an existing blog or a huge audience on social media platforms, then you can even launch your course there.
Honestly, this is a much better way to earn money from your course since Coursera, Udemy, etc., are already crowded platforms.
11. Become a Virtual Assistant
Income Potential: $15 to $35/hr
Who is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant or a VA is a person who helps and assists businesses from a remote location online. Thanks to high-speed internet, sharing documents, running meetings on video calls, etc., have become so easy. E-commerce businesses and businesses that run only online have increased the demand for Virtual Assistants in recent years.
What does a VA Do exactly?
A Virtual Assistant might be required to undertake one or more of the following tasks:
- Social Media: A VA may be asked to handle the various social media channels of the business. This includes posting content, replying to customers, staying up to date with the current trends, etc.
- E-commerce: A VA for e-commerce is required to maintain and keep track of inventory, shipment tracking, billing and invoicing, etc.
- Admin Work: This includes taking appointments or bookings, keeping track of spreadsheets or documents, managing emails, etc.
How much do Virtual Assistants make?
On average, Virtual Assistants make between $15 to $35 per hour, but this could go as much as $100 an hour depending on your experience, the niche you are working in, etc.
12. Become a Transcriptionist
Income Potential: $25,000 to over $50,000 yearly
What Does a Transcriptionist Do?
A Transcriptionist is someone who listens to audio or recorded files and converts them into texts by typing. A Transcriptionist is needed in many fields of work, such as legal, medical, entertainment, and general Transcription industries.
The best part about this side hustle idea is that it can be done from anywhere on your own schedule. And the only requirement for this job is for you to have accuracy and speed.
Most commonly, there are three types of Transcriptionist jobs that you can get:
- General Transcription: This involves transcribing media such as interviews, podcasts, bloggers, researchers, marketers, etc.
- Legal Transcription: This involves transcribing legal content, such as interviews, interrogations, law enforcement recordings, etc.
- Medical Transcription: This involves transcribing medical content, of course.
How to become a Transcriptionist?
Becoming a Transcriptionist is easy:
- Decide which type of Transcriptionist niche you want to work in.
- Practice typing and improve your typing speed and accuracy.
- Create a resume.
- Apply to Transcriptionist jobs.
13. Become an Online Tutor
Income Potential: $30 to $60/hr
If you are someone who is good at a particular subject and has a knack for teaching, then you can become an online tutor.
You can teach subjects like Maths, Biology, English, etc., for one to two hours every day when you are free and earn $30-$60 an hour. And if you prep students for subjects like SATs and ACTs, then you can make even more- $45-$100 an hour.
The best part is that this side hustle idea simply requires you to have knowledge, a good internet connection, and a willingness to give some time. Other than this, you do not need to spend a dime.
14. Become a Bookeeper
Income Potential: $43,000 yearly
A Bookkeeper is someone who prepares and maintains the documents and accounts of the financials of a business, company, or organization.
So, as a bookkeeper, you will be responsible for recording any financial transaction that the company makes.
The daily tasks of a Bookkeeper involve:
- Recording sales and revenue
- Managing bills payments
- Reconciling expenses
- Managing payroll
- Filing receipts
- Producing financial reports when necessary
How to find Bookkeeping jobs?
A lot of people hire BookKeepers, and you can find this job for yourself by simply making a Google search of “Bookkeeping jobs near me.”
15. Become a Delivery Guy
Income Potential: $38,000 yearly
A lot of people choose to become a delivery guy because of the flexibility this job offers. You can do this job as per your own time and availability. You can also earn some extra money from tips and by working during the holiday season.
How to Become a Delivery Guy?
- Different companies have different onboarding processes for delivery guys. So first, find out for which company you want to work at.
- For example, if you choose Grubhub, then you simply need to go to their website and look for the “Jobs” section.
- There, you will find an application form and other details you need to fill out in order to become a delivery guy.
How much do Delivery Guys make?
Different companies pay differently for driver delivery jobs. Let’s have a look at them:
- DoorDash: $36,448/yr
- Domino’s: $33,130/yr
- Planet Express: $37,484/yr
- Postmates Fleet: $19/hr
- Uber: $19/hr
- UPS: $41,861/yr
- Amazon: $37,922/yr
16. Rent Your Car
Income Potential: $300-$600 a month
If you have an extra car or if you don’t use your car that often, then you can easily make $300-$500 a month by renting it out on platforms like Turo.
Turo is like an Airbnb for cars and a great place for you to get started for renting your car.
The best part is that you can make upto $1000 a month or even more if you rent out a luxury or vintage car.
Examples of some more car rental services include:
Alternatively, if you have a minivan or truck lying around, you can rent your vehicle to Amazon by registering for the Amazon DSP program.
More ways in which you can make money by renting your car out include:
- Use a rideshare app
- Shop for groceries
- Work with a food delivery service
- Wrap your car with advertising
- Rent your vehicle out
- Help move large objects
- Operate as a shuttle service
17. Rent Out Your Home Online
Income Potential: $1000-$2000 a month
Not everyone has the luxury of opting for this option, but if you have an extra room or a spare property, then renting it out could be quite lucrative for you.
Airbnb is the best platform for this. All you need to do is provide the details of your property, upload photos, and create a listing. Guests looking to stay in your area would be able to see your property and might make a booking if they like what they see.
To get a general idea, have a look at this table below to find out how much you can make with Airbnb and even similar platforms:
|ARRANGEMENT TYPE||AVERAGE ANNUAL HOST EARNINGS 2021||AVERAGE ANNUAL HOST EARNINGS 2020|
Although Airbnb is the best option for renting out your space, here are some..
Alternatives to Airbnb:
Income Potential: $500 – Millions
Podcasting is the latest means of entertainment these days, and if you have a knack for storytelling or if you’ve impeccable communication skills, then this side gig could be fantastic for you!
What is a Podcast?
For those who do not know, a podcast is a digital medium that consists of audio or video episodes on a particular topic or niche. Your Podcast could involve your storytelling, sharing knowledge, or inviting guests and conversing with them.
During the initial phase of your podcasting gig, you can expect to make $500-$1000 a month or more, depending on the number of your listeners. However, once you become popular, you can turn this side gig into a full-time career.
Some of the most popular names in Podcasts, such as Joe Rogan and Dax Randall, make as much as 30 Million and 9 Million, respectively.
Popular podcasting platforms:
How to start a Podcast?
Here’s a brief guide on how you can start your own Podcast today:
- Choose a niche or topic that you can commit to.
- Choose a name for your Podcast.
- Write a compelling description for your Podcast channel.
- Choose what’s going to be the format of your show.
- Create music and artwork for your Podcast.
- Purchase quality equipment to record your show.
- Pick a podcasting platform & create your account.
- Start recording episodes for your Podcast.
- Launch & market your podcast show.
How do Podcasters make money?
- Affiliate sales
- Complementary products
- Direct support, including premium content
19. Publish an E-Book on Amazon
Income Potential: $500 – $1000+
If you have a knack for writing or hold expertise in a particular, field, then you can make money by publishing an e-book.
Does that mean this option is not for you if you are not a natural at writing? Not at all!
Did you know that the children’s book market is projected to reach $13.02 billion in 2026? You do not have to bear skills like Shakespeare; you can even publish a storybook for children or a color book and earn handsome money from the same.
In fact, you can simply create a planner book using tools like Canva and earn money from that as well.
Top niches to write an e-book on:
- Self-Help and Personal Development
- Finance and Investing
- Health and Wellness
- Romance and Contemporary Fiction
20. Start a Print-on-demand Business
Income Potential: $9,000 – $15,000 a month
If you are a creative person with some cool designs in your head, then you can start a print-on-demand business.
What is Print-on-Demand Business But?
In a Print-on-Demand Business model, the creator of the design (You) works with a supplier to customize t-shirts with unique designs and sell them on a per-order basis.
The reason why you can turn this idea into a side hustle is because this business idea does not involve start-up costs, maintaining stock, or renting out a place.
You simply need to create and list designs for which you can use platforms like Shopify, Printify, etc. When a customer places an order, the supplier will print and ship the t-shirt, and you will get your commission. What can be better than this?
How to start a Print-on-Demand Business?
- Pick a niche and decide what you want to sell.
- Create designs & pick a name for your store.
- Decide where to sell.
- Set up a store.
- Pick your supplier.
- Set a price.
- List and market your products.
Best Print-on-Demand companies
21. Sell On Etsy
Income Potential: A few hundred to over $52,000 Yearly
You might have already heard about Etsy, which is a global platform for creative goods. Etsy has over 33 million buyers and could be a great platform for you to earn money by selling artsy stuff.
If you are a creative bug and have the ability to design and create stuff that people might be interested in buying, then this could be a solid side hustle idea for you.
Examples of things that you can sell on Etsy:
- Home Decor
- Seasonal goods
- DIY stuff
- Clothing and accessories
- Handmade personal care items etc.
22. Walk Dogs or Do Pet Sitting
Income Potential: $15 to $18/hr
If you are an animal lover, then pet sitting or taking up dog walks gig can be a great side-hustle idea for you.
Pet owners look for people who can take care of their pets when they are going away for a vacation or a business trip, so there are plenty of opportunities available in this field.
You can use apps like Rover, which allows individuals to apply for being a dog walker or pet sitter, etc.
The best part of using this is that you can set your own price and choose your availability. There are people who make as much as $20 for half an hour of walk.
Top alternatives of Rover:
23. Review Books Online
Income Potential: $5–60 per review
Are you a bookworm? If yes, then you can get paid for reading and reviewing books on different platforms. Imagine getting paid for something you absolutely love, and you go anyway every day. Wouldn’t that feel amazing?
Top sites that pay for reviewing books:
- Kirkus Media – Freelance basis
- Reedsy Discovery – Tip basis
- BookBrowse – Freelance basis
- Any Subject Books – Freelance basis
- Online Book Club – $5-$60
- Women’s Review of Books – $100 per review
- Booklist Publications – $12.50 to $15 per review
How does this work?
So once you sign-up as a reviewer for one or few of these platforms, you will be either sent a book or will be able to choose a book that you want to review.
After you are done reading, you will be required to write a book review of around 200-350 words, and upon submission, you will receive your money.
24. Narrate Audiobooks
Income Potential: $10 and $100 per narration
If you love to read books and have a flair and voice for book narration, then narrating Audiobooks can be a good source of income for you.
With the rise in the use of Audible, the demand for book narrators is accelerating, so it’s easy to find work in this area.
Top Audiobook narration platforms:
Things you’ll need to get started:
- A mic
- Pop screen
- A quiet space and a computer
- Recording and editing software
25. Flip Domains and Websites
Income Potential: Undefined
Flipping websites or domains involves buying websites and domains and selling them for a much higher price.
Good domain names are quite hard to get, which is why companies willingly pay a good amount of money to acquire these names.
For example, Elon Musk paid $11 Million to the previous owner of the domain name “tesla.com.”
How do you sell Domains & make money?
- Find a quality domain. This could be a new domain, expired domain, short domain, etc.
- Register the domain name.
- Estimate the price of the domain name.
- Choose a platform to sell your domain name.
- Sell the domain name.
Platform to sell your Domain name:
26. Become a Website Tester
Income Potential: $15 to $25/hr
A website tester is someone who evaluates and tests the performance of a website and gives honest feedback in exchange for money.
So, if you are a frequent computer user or have a sense of how websites work, then this side-hustle option could be great for you.
Skills required to become a Website Tester:
- Degree in computer science is preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with experience testing and content inventory.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
Platforms that pay for Website Testing:
27. Social Media Manager
Income Potential: $44,000 yearly
As the name suggests, a Social Media Manager is someone who manages and handles the social media accounts of other people. These people could be influencers, businesses, organizations, etc.
If you are someone who loves using social media and knows the ins and outs of it, then this side-hustle idea could help you generate good income consistently.
The roles of a Social Media Manager include:
- Creating relevant content.
- Helping answer questions.
- Replying to comments and messages.
- Attracting more customers to the business.
- Monitor social analytics.
- Measure and prove ROI.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends & following the same.
Skills you need to become a Social Media Manager:
- SEO Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Data Analytics
- Creativity & Design
- Social Media Expertise
How much do Social Media Manager make?
- Junior (0-2 years): $25-$35 per hour
- Mid-level (3-4 years): $45-$85 per hour
- Senior (5-8 years): $90-$120 per hour
- Expert (10+ years): $125-$250 per hour
28. Take Online Surveys
Income Potential: Few hundred monthly
A lot of companies do market research before launching a new product in the market to find out the likes and preferences of consumers, current trends, etc.
You can take advantage of this opportunity and earn a few dollars by taking surveys on some survey sites.
Here is a list of some popular survey sites & their payout:
- OneOpinion: $2.03 per hour
- Survey Junkie: $1.57 per hour
- MyPoints: $1.01 per hour
- Opinion Outpost: $1.50 per hour
- Toluna: $0.71 per hour
There are also some other tasks that you can undertake on these websites, such as web surfing, playing video games, product testing, etc. & make some extra money from the same.
This option won’t make you a lot of money, but it is something that you can still consider when you want to make money while simply passing your time.
29. Give Childcare Services
Income Potential: $15 to $27/hr
If you love babies and are naturally able to handle them well, then you can start a childcare service as your side hustle.
A lot of households these days have two working parents, and as such, more and more parents are looking for reliable childcare services or babysitters.
You can earn $15-$27 an hour or even more, depending on how experienced you are and your location.
The best part is that you can undertake this side hustle at any age as long as you are above 18.
Based on your experience and preference, there are different kinds of Child care services that you can choose from, including:
- Daycare Provider
- Baby Sitter
- In-Home Care Providers
30. Sell Fonts Online
Income Potential: $30
If you are a talented graphic designer or someone who has a talent for type design, then you can make money creating and selling fonts online. Sounds crazy, right?
Although there are already a lot of font styles in the market, compared to other digital products, the font market is less saturated.
You can create fonts online in just a few hours and list them on websites that pay. The best part about this side hustle idea is that it involves little to no money.
How to create fonts?
- Start by finding a niche.
- Now, learn about typographic design & create font templates.
- Draw your font glyphs.
- Export your fonts.
- Create your listing images and start selling.
Best platforms to sell fonts:
31. Sell Recipes to Food Magazines
Do you have plenty of unique recipes to share with the world? Well, you can get paid to do this!
If you love cooking and inventing new dishes, then you can take up this side gig and earn anywhere between $5-$50 per recipe.
Additional ways to earn money by creating new recipes are:
- Start a food blog
- Sell recipes to food bloggers & websites
- Publish a Kindle Cookbook
- Start a food/cooking YouTube channel
- Sell to food companies
- Sell to restaurants
32. Write Resumes
Income Potential: $50-$300 per resume
Since a majority of resumes go straight into the trash bin, today, there is a huge demand for professional resume writers. For a basic resume, you can earn as much as $50, and for an executive-level client, you can easily make $300 per resume, making it a perfect side hustle idea.
Skills you need to become a resume writer:
- Communication and writing
- Basic computer skills
How to become a resume writer?
- Get a degree in Journalism, English, or a related field & build your skills.
- Look for internship opportunities or work for your family and friends to build a portfolio.
- Look for jobs on platforms like LinkedIn, Fiverr, Upwork, recruitment agencies, HR groups, etc.
- Begin writing a resume & earning money.
33. Become a Personal Shopper
Income Potential: $25/hour – $57/hour
Do you love shopping and have a great sense of fashion? Imagine getting paid for shopping; how good would that feel?
A lot of people are looking for personal shoppers these days to help them choose the right clothes for them. This could be done online or offline, depending on what the client wants.
While just starting out, you can easily make $25 an hour, and with more experience, you can make more than $57 an hour.
Skills needed to become a Personal Shopper:
- Fashion sense
- Time management
Responsibilities of a Personal Shopper:
- Recommending products
- Doing the paperwork
- Processing orders
- Returns, replacements, and exchanges
34. Do Affiliate Marketing
Income Potential: $0 to $80,000 annually
Affiliate marketing involves promoting services and products and getting a fixed commission on every purchase that’s made. There are a lot of affiliate programs in the market today, Amazon’s affiliate program being the most popular one.
If you already have a strong presence on social media channels, then doing affiliate marketing will be a cakewalk for you.
The amount that you can make from affiliate marketing depends on the category of products that you want to sell. The potential to earn money in this is endless.
The top niches of Affiliate Marketing:
- Wealth Building
- Health and Fitness
- Fashion and Beauty
- Pet Care
- Security and Survival
- Non-Profit & Charity
35. Become a Local Travel Guide
Income Potential: $50 to $150 per day
Granted, if you live in a secluded area or in the middle of nowhere, then this might not be suitable for you. But if you live somewhere that attracts tourists all year round, then you can become a local travel guide and earn some extra money.
How to get started?
Becoming a local travel guide is super easy & fun. Start by creating a local tour plan. Your plan does not necessarily need to involve boring or historical locations.
You can distinguish yourself from others by introducing tourists to the lesser-known places or hidden gems in your area. You can also take tourists to some insta-worthy picturesque locations; they’ll all love it.
Once you have a tour plan ready, list it on travel websites like TripAdvisor and Airbnb. Once you start getting customers, ask them to leave reviews so that you can find new customers easily.
36. Become a Part of Focus Groups
Income Potential: $150+ per group
If you are an opinionated person, then joining a research or focus group might be the perfect side hustle for you.
Companies spend a lot on research and development. When developing a new product, companies are ready to pay to know your opinion on their new product.
You can easily make more than $150 per research session, which usually lasts for a few hours.
Companies that conducts focus groups:
- User Interviews – $50-100 an hour
- Respondent – $100+ an hour
- Rare Patient Voice – $120 an hour
- Survey Junkie – up to $75
- FocusGroup.com – $75 and $200
- Product Report Card – $75-$150 an hour
37. Sell Goods on Craiglist, eBay, Facebook Market Place
Income Potential: A few dollars to a few hundred dollars
This might not be a long-term or permanent side hustle, but if you have items in your house that you no longer need, then you can sell them on platforms like Facebook marketplace, Craiglist, eBay, etc., and make some extra cash.
You can sell anything, be it clothes, accessories, instruments, etc. And if you have some vintage or rare stuff in your house, then you can earn a lot of money for it.
How to get started?
To get started, you simply need to create an account on any of these platforms first. Then, you simply need to click a good picture, write details of the item, and share it on these platforms.
Here are some examples of the things that you can sell:
38. Flip Furniture
Income Potential: $100 to $500+ per month
If you are good at DIY and turning junk into attractive pieces, then you can easily earn $100-$500 or even more by flipping furniture.
To do this, all you need is some old furniture items and craft materials to spruce up the boring furniture into something attractive & modern. Let me warn you, this is a time-consuming side hustle, but you can undertake this on weekends or on days off.
How to get started?
To get started, you simply need to source old furniture from second-hand markets in your local area or from Freecycle or Craiglist and then upcycle it and sell it for a higher price.
Where to sell?
You can sell these items on different platforms such as Facebook marketplace, Etsy, eBay, Craiglist, etc. Or you can create an Instagram account and sell your items there as well.
39. Become a Mystery Shopper
Income Potential: $706 a week
One of the best ways to make as much as $700 a week is by working as per your schedule by becoming a Mystery Shopper.
But who is a Mystery Shopper?
A Mystery Shopper is someone who visits a store or a shop and pretends to be a customer to review and rate the interaction and behavior of their employees with the customers.
Some companies also hire a Mystery Shopper to keep an eye on the employees. Additionally, government agencies and councils also hire Mystery Shoppers to ensure that certain items, such as Tobacco or alcohol, are being sold as per the law.
Skills required to become a Mystery Shopper
- Eye for detail
- Good memory
- Interpersonal skills
- Writing skills
How to Become a Mystery Shopper?
To become a Mystery Shopper, you simply need to look for companies in your area that are in need of one and apply for the job.
5 best Mystery Shopper companies:
40. Become a Translator
Income Potential: $22.23 per hour
If you are fluent in multiple languages, then let your skills go to waste! There are always a number of translation gigs available online on platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, etc.
Skills you need to become a Translator:
- Comprehension ability
- Good hold on language
- Ability to decipher a text
- Typing skills
How to Become a Translator?
- Start by determining how you want to receive jobs. Do you want to work for a translation agency, find clients directly, or both?
- Build your portfolio. For this, you can translate the episode of a show or translate a friend’s website.
- Identify your skills & determine in which industry or clients you would like to work with.
- Create a profile on Fiverr, Upwork, etc., to find clients or apply directly for related jobs on LinkedIn and other similar platforms.
41. Become a Voice Over Artist
Income Potential: $23.56 – $77.88 an hour
Voiceover artists are frequently needed in the entertainment, advertisement, and video content creation niche. If you have a smooth voice and the ability to articulate speech with clarity and drama, then this side hustle idea might be worth a shot.
What do you need to become a Voice Over Artist?
- A good voice
- A quiet room
- Decent microphone & headphones
How to Become a Voice-Over Artist?
- Start by honing your skills. For this, you can join voice training workshops, take up a course, or participate in dramas. And if you are a natural, then you can skip this step.
- Now, create a demo by recording your voice for a few minutes, featuring your best work.
- Start looking for Voice Over Artist roles and audition for the same to secure a gig.
42. Become a Freelance Web Designer
Income Potential: $25.41 per hour
If you have some experience with web designing, then you can earn a lot of money by investing only a few hours of your time.
Who is a Web Designer?
In simple words, a Web Designer is someone who is responsible for creating the layout and structure of a website. This involves forming a wesbsite structure, coming up with the color palate, deciding the fonts, etc.
Web Designers are always in demand and you can easily find a freelance, part-time or even full-time job in the same.
Skills you need to become a Web Designer:
- Visual design
- Using Design software
- UX/UI knowledge
- Knowledge of design principles
- Client management
43. Twitch Streaming
Income Potential: $50 – $1500 per month
If you are an invincible gamer who loves playing video games all day long, then consider streaming your game on Twitch.
Twitch is an online streaming platform where individuals stream themselves, playing games, cooking food, etc. And to earn money from Twitch, you need followers.
Ways in which you can make money on Twitch
- Brand deals and sponsorships
- Ad revenue
- Twitch bits
Things you need to get started:
- Twitch account
- Camera and microphone
- Streaming software
How much can you make on Twitch?
Small streamers make:
- 5 – 10 average viewers: $50 – $200 per month
- 20 average viewers: $200 – $400 per month
- 50 average viewers: $500 – $750 per month
- 100 average viewers: $1000 – $1500 per month
Mid-Tier streamers make:
- 1000 average viewers: $5000 per month
- 5000 average viewers: $13,000 per month
- 10,000 average viewers: $30,000 per month
44. Become an Extra on TV
Income Potential: $100 – $200 per gig
While viewing TV, you must have seen people in the background of a show or a movie sipping coffee or reading a newspaper, etc. These people are called “Extras.”
If you have always wanted to be on TV, then you can become an Extra and make some money.
The amount of money you make as an Extra depends on the agency you are working with, the show that you are on, etc. Most Extra’s, however, make $100 and $200 per gig on average.
How to Become an Extra?
Simply google extras agencies near you and register with them. Some agencies might charge you a small fee also. After registering yourself, wait for the casting calls.
45. Give Your Parking Space on Rent
Income Potential: $100 to $2000 per month
If you do not have a spare room to rent out but a whole lot of parking space, then you can make money by renting that out.
Parking in major cities can cost a lot of money, so people always look for parking spaces that are near their offices. You take advantage of this situation and make as much as $200-$2000 without doing a thing. Can you believe that?
Depending on your location and the type of parking you offer, here’s how much you can make:
- Garage: $300 to $500 per month
- Parking Pad: $75 to $150 per month
- Driveway: $60 to $100 per month
- Parking Lot: $1000 to $2000 per month
Websites that you can tie up with to offer parking space:
46. Offer Gardening Services
Income Potential: $15 to $30 per hour
Pretty much everyone needs someone who can help them in beautifying their garden. This could include painting fences, grooming plants, changing light bulbs, trimming grass, etc.
If you have these skills, then you can take up this side hustle over the weekends or during spring or autumn and make some extra bucks.
How to get started?
The best and simplest way to get started with this is by posting flyers in your area and asking your neighbors and people in your local area if they need this service.
47. Finish Tasks on TaskRabbit
Income Potential: $100 – $1000 a month
If you have handyman skills and can fix things quickly, then you can earn money by completing tasks on TaskRabbit.
How does TaskRabbit work?
The way TaskRabbit works is simple. People list the kind of work they want to get done, and you sign up for the things you can do. Once you agree on the timings and pay, you can schedule the job and get paid once you get it done.
Tasks you can do to make money on TaskRabbit:
- Do yardwork
- Assemble furniture
- Clean house
- Run errands
- Help moving
- Home repair
48. Become an Influencer
Income Potential: $40,000 and $100,000 per year
If you have a charismatic personality and good camera presence, then you try your hands at becoming an Influencer. There are a plethora of niches that you can choose from in this industry. You can become a fitness, fashion, makeup, food influencer, etc.
In fact, with the rise in short-form reel content, people from different areas, doctors, CA’s, historians, etc., are all earning money by sharing their valuable knowledge.
Ways in which Influencers make money:
- Selling courses and digital products
- Sponsored Posts
- Advertising Websites
- Partnerships with Brands
- Affiliate Marketing and Dropshipping
- Reselling clothing
- Donations and tips
- Instagram Subscription
How much do Influencers earn?
The amount of money you make as an influencer depends on your social media presence and number of followers you have.
The sky is endless when it comes to earnings in this field. Currently, the wealthiest influencer on Instagram is Cristiano Ronaldo & he gets $2,3 million per post.
49. Become a Personal Chef
Income Potential: $28.33 per hour
If you have a passion for cooking, then becoming a personal chef for someone could be an ideal side hustle for you.
Who is a Personal Chef?
A Personal Chef is a person who prepares meals and menus for companies, individuals, and other clients. For example, a Personal cook may cook meals daily for a person and his family, or he/she may cook for a company.
How to Become a Personal Chef?
- In order to become a Personal Chef, you first need to earn a high-school diploma. Some individuals might be willing to hire you without it, too.
- Complete a formal chef training from a relevant institute.
- Get experience by doing internships & getting certified.
- Start looking for work.
50. Sell Printables Online
Income Potential: $100 – $300 an hour
If you have graphic designing skills and can come up with some cool printable posters, business card designs, wall art designs, etc., then you can make money by selling these on Etsy.
What are Printables, though?
Printables are digital download files that customers can purchase, download, and print at their homes. These could include templates, wedding and birthday invitations, planners, etc. also.
How to get started?
- Start by choosing a niche first.
- Now, design a bunch of your printables.
- Set up an Etsy store.
- Price & promote your printables & start earning money.
51. Offer Cleaning Services
Income Potential: $14.66 per hour
Last but not least, you can do cleaning jobs in your area in your free time as a side hustle. This job might not be glamorous, but it is something that every household and company needs. And the best part is this job does not require any degree or particular skill.
Types of cleaning jobs that you can do:
- Household cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Janitorial jobs
- Pet waste removal
- Junk removal
Whether you are trying to build a side hustle to cover your extra income or to escape your full-time job, make sure you pick the right gig for yourself & commit to it.
Building a side hustle may take time, some even as long as a year. But if you are consistent, no one can stop you from making money. And who knows, you might be able to turn it into a full-time role.
We hope you found this guide on “51 Side Hustles To Make Money Online” useful.
Can I make $2000 each month from Side Hustle?
Yes, a lot of side hustle ideas that we have shared in the guide above pay $2000 and even more. Some of them are:
- Virtual Assistant
Do you need to pay taxes on Side Hustle?
If you make more than $400 in a given year, then you will be required to pay self-employment tax rate of 15.3% on your side hustle earnings in addition to income tax. So in total you would be paying 25%-30% of taxes.
How to start a side hustle?
The best way to start a side hustle is to pick something that you are good at, and that does not require you to put in a lot of money initially.
Shefali Jain is a Content Writer & Editor at USWorkforce.org
After completing her graduation in hospitality, Shefali decided to follow her passion and started writing. Shefali has been writing for two years now and contributes to our website as a skilled editor and content writer with strong research skills. Writing product and service reviews, biographies, and book reviews are some of her key areas, among many others in which she specializes. In her time at the organization, she has written and edited content on a range of topics, including employment law, human resources, and business management.